Refer to Getting Started with RTB for general instructions on how to set up RTB. This article contains information specific to integrating with AppNexus.
- Click to Add an Advertiser.
- Choose "AppNexus" as the choice of Partner in the dropdown. If you don't see this as an option, contact your account manager.
- Enter the RTB settings under "Settings". These will be given to you either by your account manager or by AppNexus directly:
|Bidder Endpoint||The AppNexus URL that Kevel sends the bid request to||Y|
|Request timeout (ms)||Overrides the default timeout||N|
|Bidder Alias||Sets bidder alias. Use ||Y|
|Tag Id||AppNexus Tag ID||Y|
|Member Id||AppNexus Member ID||Y|
|Site Id||AppNexus Site ID||Y|
|Auction Type||Sets whether to price using a First Price or Second Price auction||Dropdown defaults to First Price|
|Override page URL sent to partner with RTB request||Set if using a different URL than specified on the request||N|
|BidRequest.source.pchain||TAG Payment ID||N|
Create a new campaign and flight under the RTB advertiser as you would for a non-RTB campaign.
In the flight, the Rate Type will be set to "CPM". You cannot set any other Rate Type. "Price" will also be ignored: revenue from the flight will be determined by the bids coming from AppNexus.
All priority types are supported in RTB flights. RTB also supports a new priority: Outbid Lottery. Set this priority to force RTB flights to collectively compete against non-RTB flights.
Add a new creative in the flight or directly from the advertiser page:
- Add a creative to the RTB flight for each ad size you intend to serve through that provider.
- Floor Price is available for RTB creatives but is not required. Note that if you don't input a valid value, we will default to $0.01.
- Enter a Placement Id (required)
- Set any of the recommended fields described below.
|Keywords||Additional AppNexus keywords (key/value pairs)|
|Traffic Source Code||AppNexus Traffic Source Code (string)|
|Pos||AppNexus Position (string)|
Updated almost 3 years ago