Refer to Getting Started with RTB for general instructions on how to set up RTB. This article contains information specific to integrating with PubMatic (Video).
Click to Add an Advertiser.
Choose "PubMatic (Video)" as the choice of Partner in the dropdown. If you don't see this as an option, contact your account manager.
Enter the RTB settings under "Settings". These will be given to you either by your account manager or by PubMatic directly:
- Bidder Endpoint - The PubMatic URL that Kevel sends the bid request to.
- Publisher ID - Your PubMatic publisher ID.
Create a new campaign and flight under the RTB advertiser as you would for a non-RTB campaign.
In the flight, the Rate Type will be set to "CPM". You cannot set any other Rate Type. "Price" will also be ignored: revenue from the flight will be determined by the bids coming from PubMatic.
All priority types are supported in RTB flights. RTB also supports a new priority: Outbid Lottery. Set this priority to force RTB flights to collectively compete against non-RTB flights.
Add a new creative in the flight or directly from the advertiser page:
- Add a creative to the RTB flight for each ad size you intend to serve through that provider.
- Floor Price is available for RTB creatives but is not required. Note that if you don't input a valid value, we will default to $0.01.
- Your Site ID and PubMatic Ad ID are required.
- If you have enabled a private marketplace with PubMatic, enter the Deal Id. This is not required.
- Set all mandatory fields and any recommended fields described below.
If a Site ID (
bidrequest.site.id) is not set on the advertiser or on the ad, we will pass it as
PubMatic requires these fields:
- Player Height (h)
- Player Width (w)
- Min. Video Clip Length
- Max Video Clip Length
- Max Bit Rate (maxbitrate)
- Device ID Sanctioned for advertiser use (device.ifa)
- Stream Format (streamFmt)
This is an array such as
[1,2,3]. The default value is 0.
application/x-shockwave-flash (VPAID - FLASH)
- VPAID Version (api)
This is an integer:
These fields are not required, but are highly recommended by PubMatic:
- Playback Method
This is an array such as
[1,2,3]. The default value is that all playback methods are allowed.
Auto-play sound on
Auto-play sound off
- Can skip ads? (skip)
This is an integer. The default value is 0.
Ads cannot be skipped
Ads can be skipped
To display Pubmatic (Video) ads in-app, you will need to use additional settings in the creative.
First, check the "App Store App?" checkbox:
Then, fill out any applicable App related settings (such as App ID, App Store URL, etc.) For a full list of OpenRTB App settings, refer to the Pubmatic documentation.
Kevel currently supports the VAST video format. Instructions for generating VAST video tags are found in the VAST Ad Tag article.
Updated almost 2 years ago